Carolina Peace Center was founded by Faisal R. Khan with the purpose of promoting lawful non-violent activism and advocacy for marginalized and at-risk communities.
Carolina Peace Center will cultivate justice and peace across diverse social and political groups by building grassroots networks to educate and advocate for systemic change.
We seek to unite secular and faith communities to collaborate with local, state, and national political and community leaders to produce non-biased policies and laws that protect all people in North Carolina and beyond.
WHAT WE DO
- Stand with communities affected by political and social divisiveness.
- Analyze and strategize around the historical, social and political context of each affected group.
- Identify and engage with potential partners.
- Develop and implement an advocacy plan of action to achieve peaceful solutions.
- Create and sustain viable alliances through ongoing communication.
- Provide educational and interactive workshops to increase civic and political involvement among all age groups.
- Teach and apply conflict resolution principles to youth, adults and organizations.
- Promote tolerance and sensitivity through cross-cultural literacy.